Come visit Nokia and Bell Labs at The Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition #OFC19 in San Diego at Booth 3422. The Technical Conference will be from March 3 – 7th and the exhibition will be from March 5 - 7th.
We will be there in full force to showcase the latest progress in optical technologies through various selected papers, panels, demo sessions, tutorials, workshops, symposia and much more including our renowned Shannon Theater.
A few highlights of our conference contributions are listed below:
- Sunday, March 3 at 8:00pm - Lab Automation Hackathon Nick Fontaine, Nokia Bell Labs, USA (Organizer)
- Monday, March 4 at 8:30am - SC468 Advanced FEC Techniques for Optical Communications - Laurent Schmalen, Nokia Bell Labs, USA
- Tuesday, March 5 at 7:30am - David Plant, McGill University, Canada and Peter Winzer, Nokia Bell Labs, USA - Does Approaching Shannon Limit Leave Only Device Developments in Optical Communications?
- Monday, March 4 at 10:30am - Vincent Houtsma, Nokia Bell Labs, USA - Optical Strategies for Economical Next Generation 50 and 100G PON
- Monday, March 4 at 4:30pm - Jose Estaran Tolosa, Nokia Bell Labs France, France - Spacecom Links and Integration with Ground 5G Networks
- Tuesday, March 5 at 2:00pm - Son Le, Nokia Bell Labs, Germany - Kramers Kronig Transmission Systems for Next Gen 5G and DCI Transport
- Tuesday, March 5 at 4:30pm - Jeremie Renaudier, Nokia Bell Labs, France - On Perspectives of Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers in Long-haul WDM Transmission; or Recent Advances in Continuous Band WDM Transmission
- Wednesday, March 6 at 8:00am - Direct-detection Technologies for Intra- and Inter-data Center Optical Links - Mathieu Chagnon, Nokia Bell Labs, Germany
- Thursday, March 7 at 2:00pm - Transmission of Flexible High Spectral Efficiency and Noise Tolerant Modulation Format - Sethumadhavan Chandrasekhar, Nokia Bell Labs, USA
Wednesday, March 6 at 2:00pm - Network Automation: Network Self-Optimization - Marco Bertolini, Nokia Corp., Italy
Show Floor Program
- Wednesday, March 6 at 12:00pm - Defining Key Areas for Industry Roadmap Development ON2020 Peter Winzer, Director, Optical Transmission Subsystems Research, Nokia Bell Labs, USA
- Wednesday, March 6 at 2:15pm - Standardization Update on Last Mile Delivery Networks, OTN Beyond 100G and Coherent Optics Interoperability? ITU - Dr. Stephen J. Trowbridge, Consulting Director of Standardization / Chairman of ITU-T Study Group 15, Nokia, USA
- Wednesday, March 6 at 3:30pm - Innovations with Machine Learning in Optical Networks Drive Process Automation - Laurent Schmalen, Department Head of High-speed Systems, Signals and Processing Group, ?Nokia Bell Labs, USA
- Thursday, March 7 at 11:15am - The Path to Open, Interoperable Optical Networking OIF Dave Brown, Director of Communications, OIF, Product Marketing Senior Manager, Optical Networking, Nokia, USA
Nokia Bell Labs Shannon Theater Schedule
Visit the Shannon Theater for short, focused presentations from our Bell Labs team, covering hot research topics in optical networking.
- Tuesday March 5 at 11:00am - Marco Bertolini presents Application of Probabilistic Constellation Shaping and Gaussian Model for Network Self-optimization
- Tuesday March 5 at 12:00pm - Sebastien Bigo presents Brighter Networks, Lighting the Future
- Tuesday March 5 at 1:00pm - Junho Cho presents Flexible Modulation Formats: Probabilistic Constellation Shaping vs. Time-Division Hybrid Modulation
- Tuesday March 5 at 2:00pm - Peter Winzer presents Scaling Optical Networks Into The Next Decade
- Tuesday March 5 at 3:00pm - Roland Ryf presents Space-Division Multiplexing
- Tuesday March 5 at 4:00pm - Thierry Zami presents Advantages at Network Level of Contentionless NxM and WSS
- Wednesday, March 6 at 11:00am - Jesse Simsarian presents Transport SDN and Intelligent Networking Applications
- Wednesday, March 6 at 12:00pm - Dominique Verchere presents Microservices SDN Control Platform on the Path to Open, Automated, Disaggregated Optical Networks
- Wednesday, March 6 at 1:00pm - Laurent Schmalen presents FEC and Shaping in Optical Networks
- Wednesday, March 6 at 2:00pm - Nick Fontaine presents Ultrawideband WSS and Spatial Mode Multiplexers
- Wednesday, March 6 at 3:00pm - Mathieu Chagnon presents Machine Learning for Optical Fiber Communication Systems: Fundamentals and Suitability
See you in San Diego and be sure to follow us on Twitter @BellLabs and @Nokia for more updates!